Monday, October 14, 2013

Just a Few Videos

Hi guys! Sorry my "Red Death" review isn't up yet - I'm working on it!

In a miscellaneous matter, I got to go to ComicCon AND go to an Edgar Allan Poe exhibit at the Morgan. At the end, I even got to add something to the tour guide's knowledge which she says she might use in the tour! But this post isn't about that.

I just wanna show a few videos on Youtube that have a nice place with me. Sure, I have a gazillion videos in my favorites, but I wanna focus on three, mainly: the "Telekinetic Coffee Shop Surprise," "My Way," and "The ErlKing."

Telekinetic Coffee Shop Surprise

Poster: CarrieNYC
Description by Poster: What if telekinesis was real? How would you react? Our hidden camera experiment captures the reactions of unsuspecting customers at a New York coffee shop as they witness a telekinetic event.
Description by Brian: A freakin' awesome promotional prank.

So, there's a new version of Carrie coming out and it looks pretty awesome. They say its gonna be REALLY faithful to the book and Mrs. Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Chloe Grace Moretz, is gonna be playing Carrie. It looks amazing.

Then again, it might be a total slash-and-spatter gorefest like most horror movies are these days.  I hope it isn't. I'm probably not gonna watch it either way (at least, not right now) but I hope its a nice and proper film.

But I'm not here about that - I am here to talk about their promo prank. Just watch it first. Here it is - 


Yeah - you just saw that. Those people were mess-their-pants terrified. Those effects were CRAZY. I mean, sure, you could see the cord on the guy when he knocked over the coffee, but people were more paying attention to him BEING TELEKINETICALLY THROWN AGAINST THE FREAKIN' WALL! I couldn't help but laugh when I saw the girl who was screaming AND taking a video on her phone at the same time. It just seemed ridiculous. "Oh, I'm gonna fight the demon-possessed girl with telekinesis with my cell phone! Ooo, maybe I could post this on Youtube and get, like, famous!" Yeah.

I applaud Carrie. Good promo. You're lucky no one sued you, though. 

My Way

Poster: hemihelp
Description by Poster: My Way is an uplifting collection of home-made clips filmed by families and people affected by hemiplegia. The aim? To tell the world that hemiplegia doesn't mean living half a life...if we face a challenge we just find our own way around it!
Description by Brian: You'll see below.

Hemiplegia is a disease which affects half of the body/brain like a stroke would. Its basically paralysis in half of the body. Hemiplegia usually strikes at birth.

Now "My Way" is a very touching collection of videos of people getting around disabilities caused by hemiplegia. In fact, my cousin afflicted with this condition. The catch? SHE'S IN THE VIDEO.

The girl who puts a bow in her hair at 0:45 and shortly seen at 1:44 is my cousin, Leah. I see her and my other cousins who live in Ireland/England once a year in the summer. In those intervals you can barely tell she has this condition. The way she gets around hemiplegia is nothing short of astounding. Now of course, she will need a little assistance from time to time. But Leah gets through it amazingly well. I applaud her, hemihelp, and all other victims of hemiplegia.

The ErlKing

Poster: Benny Zelkowicz
Description by Poster: A young boy tries to warn his father of a looming spirit, the ErlKing, who is trying to lure the child away.
Description by Brian: Wow. Just...wow.

Oh, my God. Just watch the video first.


Look at the creepy, AMAZING sand animation. Schubert's chilling score. Goethe's freakin' scary poem. The deep, ominous voice of the baritone. Even if its in German you get the idea. The dude with the mask and crown is the ErlKing (elk king), who's trying to take the child away with promises of castles and magic. The child tries to warn his dad, dad gives rational explanations, etc. The moment with all the creepy animals is the part where the child cries out he has been attacked. When they reach the house, the child is dead.

It's just fantastically well done.

Oh...just...oh... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Brian here.

Before you post your comment, please be aware that all comments have to have my seal of approval before they come through to the main page, and I have some restrictions. I would ask that you keep away from inappropriate content, namely, foul-mouthed language/imagery or sexual references.

Thanks for commenting again! If you have a question, email me or I'll reply to your comment (probably).

BRIAN