Monday, October 21, 2013

Brendan's New Series

Brendan, after I talked him into it, has decided to make his first professional movie series.

I was talking to him about how his success in comic books was the gateway to film. Now, I know we made our own film already (Brendan O'Connell's Worthington Manor, directed by yours truly), but it was about ten minutes long and did not receive high-quality treatment or distribution. Brendan prefers Lovecraft over Poe (I beg to differ), and I put an idea in his head - direct a five part series, each film being based on a chapter of Herbert West - Reanimator. I'm writing the film and playing Herbert West (whoo-hoo!) and Brendan is directing and playing the narrator, whom we are calling Howard Philips (just go with it). I am currently writing the first installment, From the Dark.

Lovecraft was not a nice person for one main reason - he was racist. I am not saying Poe was particularly nice either (he was a scathing critic and rather arrogant), but Lovecraft was worse. Thank GOODNESS Poe is superior to Lovecraft. I would hate my favorite author to be so incredibly racist. I mean, The Horror at Red Hook is just Lovecraft's racism culminating in a freakin' horror story about foreign people!

I hate your personality, Lovecraft, but your writing is okay.

But it isn't Poe. Not by a long shot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Brian here.

Before you post your comment, please be aware that all comments have to have my seal of approval before they come through to the main page, and I have some restrictions. I would ask that you keep away from inappropriate content, namely, foul-mouthed language/imagery or sexual references.

Thanks for commenting again! If you have a question, email me or I'll reply to your comment (probably).

BRIAN